- Mindful Exercise
- Groups & Circles
- The Feminine Journey to Abundance
- Your Liberation is Mine
- Book Study: Me and White Supremacy
- De-escalating Behaviors
- Joyfully Together...Apart Online Retreat
- 100 Thousand Poets for Change Open Mic Events
- Emotions: Friends or Foes?
- Eloquent Rage with Author Brittney Cooper
- Empowering Hope in Hard Times
- Common Ground Circle: An Exercise in Civil Discourse
Juneteenth Parade Celebration - Covington
- Friday, June 19
- 10:00 am - 3:00 pm at Peter Atkins Park
We'll meet at the Women’s Center for 8:00 am to drive to the parade route together - or you can meet us at the park early (by 8:30)
Please REGISTER to let us know you'll participate
What is Juneteenth?
Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day, is an American holiday to celebrate on June 19. On June 19, 1865, the Emancipation Proclamation was read to the last remaining enslaved African Americans in the Confederacy.
The Women’s Center will be riding in the parade in cars to keep with health safety precautions. You are invited to meet up with us, caravan to the parade together to line up for the parade. The route ends at Peter Atkins Park for food and tabling.
Wear a mask - we will have some to hand out.
- Car, trucks, and trucks with trailers are okay
- Parade decoration colors should be Black, Red and Green
- Music is fine, but no profanity
NO Divisive Signs. Sign suggestions include:
- BLM ( Black Lives Matter)
- Freedom Day
- Together We Rise
- Celebrate Juneteenth
- Register to Vote
- Make Your Vote Count
Please REGISTER to let us know you'll be participating
Donations for food are being accepted through PayPal
Send PayPal donations to Councilman Peter’s email: email@example.com
Food provided by: MamaLou Diner
Call or text Imna at 504-272-8734 for more information.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved, volunteer, or donate.