- Monthly Calendar
- Week At a Glance . . . . . . July 16 - 22
- Week At a Glance . . . . . . July 23 - 29
- Week At a Glance . . . . . . July 30 - August 5
- Week At a Glance . . . . . . August 6 - 12
- Week At a Glance . . . . . . August 13 - 19
- Week At a Glance . . . . . . August 20 - 26
- Week At a Glance . . . . . . August 27 - September 2
- Groups & Circles
- HOPE Retreat: Healing Oppression and Practicing Equity
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence
- Heightening Your Personal Awareness about Sexual Harassment
- Day of Mindfulness
- New Moon Goddess Gathering
- Breathe Your Way to True Independence!
- Discover MELT!
- Self-Empowerment Workshops
- Gulf Coast Nia Community's 4th Nia Jam!
~ Dancing the Chakra Rainbow ~
Friday night, May 31
6:30 - 7:30pm
A celebration in creative movement, imagery, chakra awareness, and whole-body vibrancy!
We invite you to experience the pleasure of Nia, a body-mind-spirit fitness and lifestyle practice that combines dance, martial arts, yoga and self-healing. Nia is a sensory-based technique that uses positive body awareness, movement and music to create a high energy, low-impact, work-out.
Dance, move, breathe your way to better health, increased stamina, creativity and overall well-being. Soul-stirring music guides your body to move in a way that is natural for you with no comparison or competition. Nia delivers cardiovascular and whole-body conditioning and creates one of the most exhilarating, dynamic, creative, playful and fun classes ever!
Your Teacher: Nia White Belt Trainer and Black Belt Kate Finlayson
Cost info: $10
Class size is limited to 15
Call Kate to save your space!
Wear anything comfortable to move in - done barefoot
71667 Leveson Street, Abita Springs, LA 70420
In the Great Room! Enter through back door.
Kate began teaching Nia in 2005 in North Carolina when she completed her Nia White Belt training. After years of chronic pain, frozen shoulders, overweight and low energy, she walked into a Nia class, her body began to dance in rhythmic flow and she knew she was Home. She has gone on to receive her Blue, Brown, Green and Black Belts in the Nia Technique as well as Nia 5 Stages certification. She is one of 42 Nia White Belt trainers all over the world, and will be leading Nia White Belt trainings in Folsom (in March), North Carolina, Los Angeles and South Africa this year.
Kate has experienced incredible self healing physically, mentally, and emotionally through the practice of Nia and loves sharing this Joy of movement with others! She has lead Nia trips to Nicaragua, Greece and Brazil, produced White Belt Trainings, and created numerous Nia jams, celebrations and playshops for the NC Triangle Nia community and Gateway Nia of St. Louis . She is enthusiastic about bringing Nia to the Northshore and New Orleans and hopes to create a loving, joyful community of Nia dancers across the Gulf Coast .